Barnburgh Lakes, Doncaster
Barnburgh Lakes offers the sportsman a number of well stocked fisheries accommodating both Match and Pleasure Anglers from the surrounding Dearne Valley region.
The lakes are stocked with Carp F1, Bream, Barble, Rudd, Tench and Roach, and all fed on our own brand of feeding pellets increasing them in their size and strength since the day of creation.
We offer ample car parking with access for our less able customers, along with toilets, hard standings, and over 20 pegs spread over a number of lakes making your day a peaceful one.
Book a peg to day and experience the tranquilly of the lakes with its elevated views in all directions of our historic village of Barnburgh, High Melton and Conisbrough all within the domain of the Dearne Valley.
- Lake 1
- Up to 20lb
- Lake 2
- Up to 5lb
- Lake 3
- F1 (primarily)
- Mirror Carp
- Common Carp
- Mixed silver
- Up to 10lb
Location and Directions
Barnburgh Lakes is located in the historic village of Barnburgh, easily commutable from Rotherham, Doncaster and Barnsley.
Enter your address:
Directions from Sheffield and the M1
At junction 36, follow the A6195 and then the A635 past Goldthorpe. As you get to Hickleton, turn right into Barnburgh taking a left at the crossroads. Follow Doncaster road until you see Barnburgh Lakes on your right.
Directions from Doncaster and the A1
At junction 37, follow the A635 towards Goldthorpe. As you get to Hickleton (which is roughly 5 minutes away), turn left into Barnburgh taking a left at the crossroads. Follow Doncaster road until you see Barnburgh Lakes on your right.
Please feel free to send your own photos, hints, tips and testimonials to us.
View all photos
Barnburgh Lakes is renowned for being a great fishing environment. We take great pride in supplying the best angling experience. All anglers must read and understand the fishery rules before fishing the lakes.
- Barbless hooks only, max size 14.
- Barnburgh feed pellets only.
- BAIT BANS - No boillies, trout pellets, cat or dog meat, nuts.
- No floating poles or floating baits (including bread). A float must be used.
- Ground bait only in cup or feeder.
- All nets must be dipped on-site. Keep nets to be used in matches only, two keep nets are required (1 carp, 1 silver). Max 50lb per net.
- Max 1 kilo of ground bait. No surplus to be thrown into the lake after fishing.
- Free running feeders only. No method feeders or bagging wagglers.
- No fish to be handled in towels/rags.
- No tins on site, no litter to be left including cigarette butts.
- Lead shot to be to E.A. rules.
- No dogs, radios or wading.
- All under 16's must be accompanied by an adult.
- One none fishing guest per angler.
- Offenders will be barred from the fishery.
- Car and fishing equipment to be covered by the anglers own insurance.
If you have any questions, big or small, please contact us using the information below.
Kindly put together by Richard Giles.